Jonathon's Closet

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Contradiction

Once your heart has felt the embrace of true love, you’re hooked. You know what it’s like to live in such a wonderful place with a love so warm that there is no need for fire or coal, that eventually you will seek this warmth again.

Broken hearts take a tremendous amount of care and time to heal. And when you finally open your heart again, the risk is less because you know you can make it thru anything that happens and more because you know that you are indeed so fragile that you truly may not survive another loss. Such a nonsensical yet accurate contradiction. It is with this contradiction I struggle today.

5 Comments:

  • You know I'm thinking about you!

    By Blogger Chaos Mommy, at 5:46 PM  

  • I have no advice on that one, but i am wishing for good things for you!

    By Blogger kate, at 10:41 PM  

  • I hope you can open your heart again to feel love.

    I often wisht that my Mum could have done that.

    Take care

    By Blogger PinkCat, at 8:27 AM  

  • Like losing my good dog, and losing my good dog, and...but you get the point. I have had Foxy, Ozzie, Buster, Jake, Old Duke, Lt. Warf, Rip, Bubba, Clem and more than that in cats.

    The joy they bring to your life is never forgotten but the grief of their loss is eased by the love for and of a new puppy or kitten.

    It's a little harder to just find a new mate. I don't want one out of the pound and I don't want a pure breed, LOL!

    Sharing the love is what we crave, to do that takes two.

    By Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward, at 12:53 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward, at 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home