Jonathon's Closet

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Time to take a breather!

The last few days have been Run! Run! Run!

Thursday night swim meet: I placed 1st in the 50 meter free, 4th in the 200 meter backstroke (never competed in backstroke before, but I like it) and, as my Mom would say, UGH!-15th out of 16 in the 400 meter free. Looks like Coach has decided to have us do 3 events earlier this year. Somehow, I wasn't in the relays this time - not sure why. My Mom usually helps out - she's a timer. It's kind of nice, I can hear her cheering for me because she's right on the pool deck.

Friday night football game: It was fun - cold, wet, long, and boring - but still fun. I hate football, but I was there with the band. I played bells on one song, tambourine on one song, and snare on all the cadences. My Mom didn't go (she hates football too!) but she watched the half-time performance on TV.

I was supposed to work for this guy today - he's really cool, he's a Doctor and we have good talks! and he owns a farm just outside of town. I work on the farm with him, and he pays good too! But it's COLD and RAINING today, so we'll probably wait til tomorrow. My Mom says I need to clean my room today anyway, so it'll all work out fine. I think I'll borrow her "UGH!" again!

I'm so sick of it being cold inside - hope we hire an electrician soon!
Jonathon

6 Comments:

  • My son Sam has just joined the swim team. He is liking it so far but I am not sure when it gets a bit chillier how he will feel about it. I will keep you posted on that one lol. You should watch Rugby which is supposed to be equivilant to Football. However Scragend would disagree with me.

    I hope the electic is fixed soon. I guess some good jumpers will be hand for the mo.

    Take care

    By Blogger PinkCat, at 10:32 AM  

  • Don't worry, he'll love it! Even in the winter! It's great to be inside the heated pool area when it's below zero in MI! Tell Sam "Good Luck"!
    Jonathon

    By Blogger kateandjona, at 1:04 PM  

  • I saw sunshine here in Wisconsin, so I promise, it's coming your way.
    Great job on your races and don't let that one get you too down.
    You'll get em next time, Tiger! ;)

    By Blogger Chaos Mommy, at 6:01 PM  

  • I have 2 of my our daughters in swim lessons and one of them wants to be a diver although there are no teams around here. She says she is too short to be a fast swimmer but that she is the perfect size for diving.

    We too, go to an indoor pool and will continue through the winter with the swim lessons twice a week. I want to encourage her to join a swim team since there are no dive teams around, are there any short, skinny kids on the swim teams you see?

    By Blogger Lemon Stand, at 8:55 AM  

  • Some of those short skinny kids are REALLY fast! Less resistance in the water, I guess!

    I like being on the dive team too, but swimming is better exercise.

    Jonathon

    By Blogger kateandjona, at 9:33 AM  

  • You will have to tell us more about what you do at the farm.

    My sis has a farm of mini horses and some chickens and one cow, I call him "Steak".

    I grew up around farms, too.

    By Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward, at 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home