Jonathon's Closet

Thursday, November 23, 2006

In which I find the answer to my prayer

I wish you and your families peace and love on this Thanksgiving holiday.

It took me a while to get there, but now you know what led up to my blog entries on Oct 19 and Oct 30. When “The Man” called on the 19th, my body released a sigh of relief that I didn’t even realize it had been holding onto since January! I heard his voice and I just melted!

The first several minutes on the phone were spent with me sitting here, tears running down my face, unable to find my voice. My heart was so full, I thought perhaps it would burst!

Later, the fear began to set in; an almost paralyzing fear of “I can’t go thru this again”.

But I needn’t have worried – the instant we got together we fell into each others arms, tears rolling down both of our faces, clinging to each other as if for dear life.

He tried to speak- “Oh, Kate, I just …”, “Honey, never again …” – but apparently couldn’t form complete sentences, his voice just drifted off each time. I didn’t even try, I knew I couldn’t trust my voice!

And now? It’s easily explained: It’s all good.

Meet “The Man” … this is John.


5 Comments:

  • Hi Kate, this is my first time actually posting but I've lurked for a while - I am so thrilled for you and Jona!

    By Blogger Roe, at 11:41 AM  

  • Hooray!

    By Blogger Rosepetal, at 10:49 AM  

  • Yipee!!! And now I can exhale. :)

    Hi John. Pleased to "meet" you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:11 PM  

  • Hi John. Take good care of the 3 of you. :)

    By Blogger angela marie, at 9:06 PM  

  • I've been out of town and away from the blog world, but now I'm all caught up and ... ever your slave.

    By Blogger OhTheJoys, at 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home