Jonathon's Closet

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

9 long months apart

Jona doesn’t *quite* have it right. I never had any doubts about “The Man” and I. I had doubts about “The Man”.

Sometimes, when a person is SO broken, sometimes they can never be alright again. I’ve seen this more times than I like to think about. And, as much as I wanted to be wrong, I began to suspect that the permanent damage that had been done to “The Man” was going to be permanently incapacitating.

I never doubted that we were “good” or “right”. I never doubted that it “could” work. I never ever doubted how completely I love him. I merely doubted his ability to ever be whole again.

As Jona shared, back in Jan. “The Man” and I decided that time apart was the only option. I hated this option, but still felt it necessary. Jona and I handled it quite differently – he spoke often of “The Man” and seemed to take comfort in reminding me how much “The Man” loves and cares for us and reassuring me that “it’ll be alright Mom, you’ll see”. I simply retreated back into the “just the two of us” lifestyle that we had been leading for quite some time.

I missed “The Man” and thought of him every single day.

And one day in October, while driving, I quietly whispered this prayer: “Please God, please let me know if he’s ok”.

Later that day, he called.

4 Comments:

  • Oh the power of prayer! Even one so simple that can be answered! Can't wait to hear more!

    By Blogger Julie, at 11:43 AM  

  • i think i had a prayer answered just today!

    By Blogger Southern jezeBelle, at 1:57 PM  

  • That's the way it usually works, isn't it?

    By Blogger L, at 3:34 PM  

  • Those prayers can do amazing things.

    Still reading along, not daring to breath. . .

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home