Jonathon's Closet

Monday, November 20, 2006

Want to know what I have to say???

So “The Man” came to my Mom like a week or so after Christmas and, as she explained to me, basically said that he wasn’t any good to any one until he got his head back on straight. And she agreed. And knowing my Mom, she was probably pretty encouraging and supportive. And just like that, the Man was gone.

My Mom removed herself from the committee work they had previously done together – I think she was just hurting too bad to continue. He called a few times; she let it go to voice mail. After a couple of weeks, he didn’t call anymore. I missed him a lot, but I know how much work healing can take. I think my Mom sort of lost hope for a while, but I never did. After all, I saw them together.

Do you think that sounds funny? That I knew it would all be alright because I saw them together? Well, it’s like this: I grew up in a household with lots of love. My Mom and Dad were always holding hands or hugging me or hugging each other. They just were like that. They laughed together and teased each other and kissed a lot. Probably too much, but that’s so much better than the opposite! I wish I could remember more of what it was like when my Dad was here, but mostly I just remember how gentle and caring they were with each other.

My Mom and “The Man” were exactly the same way. Seriously. I’d never seen my Mom just “fit” with anyone the way she just “fit” with “The Man” – well, except for my Dad. Any idiot could look at my Mom and “The Man” from across a football field and just know that it was right. Totally right. So I had no doubts.

But I still missed him while he was gone.
~Jonathon

3 Comments:

  • You write just as good as your Mom! It's great to see the child's feelings and what you have experienced during this adventure.

    By Blogger Julie, at 11:40 AM  

  • Your a wise young man. It's wonderful to see how you and your Mom put your feelings down in words, not just for the blog public but for each other and the healing. It is a wonderful gift the 2 of you have. I will continue reading your life's adventure and sincerely wish you and your Mom (and the Man) all the best.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:16 PM  

  • Hangin' on here. Hang on there. Glad you posted, Jona

    By Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward, at 12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home