Jonathon's Closet

Sunday, November 12, 2006

How we spent our Saturday (and more)

I'm behind again - I spent yesterday (ALL of yesterday - 6 am to 6 pm) at a swim invitational. Nothing like 12 hours of sitting on wooden bleachers all hot and sweaty!

Jona swam well - 3 personal bests. His results weren't what he had hoped - although he swam impressively, he used a one-handed touch in 2 of his 3 events (something that is allowed for younger swimmers but not allowed at his level) so he DQ'd twice! Took 9th place out of 27 swimmers in the 50 free and if it weren't for the DQ's, he'd have had 3rd out of 31 in the 100 free and 4th out of 28 in the 100 back.

Oh, well - lesson learned - he'll surely never hit the wall with a one-handed touch again! Coach isn't thrilled - Jona's 2 DQ's knocked the team results from 6th to 19th in a field of 22 teams. Needless to say, Jona's feeling a little bummed out today!

~~~

I've rec'd so many wonderful e-mails (and comments here too), folks speaking out in support - I just have to take a moment to say THANK YOU to each and every one of you! I feel very blessed to have this wonderful group of strong women in my life.

~~~

I'm skipping from one thing to another right now, but 3 folks have requested "post a picture of "The Man" and I just had to oblige ... of course, THIS pic might not be exactly what ya'll had in mind ...



Halloween at Kate's place is always interesting! (It doesn't look like it in this pic because I'm wearing 6 inch platform heels, but "The Man" , at 6'2" is a full 12 inches taller than I am!)
More soon!

2 Comments:

  • I feel bad for you Jona, that you had trouble with the two hand slap. You can do it, just keep practicing.

    When I screwed up like that I would practice twice as hard so I didn't do it again. I worked off my bad feelings in the practice.

    By Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward, at 10:30 AM  

  • Go, Jona - you'll get it next time!
    Thanks for the picture - it made me smile.

    By Blogger scrapperjen, at 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home