Jonathon's Closet

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Just Parenting

I think that most parents do the right thing most of the time, simply because they love their children and care about them more than anyone else can.

I also think that sometimes in the midst of day-to-day life struggles, it's easy to become so busy that for a brief time a parent can forget to show a child how important they really are! Express your love. Make your child feel secure. Build their self esteem. Communicate openly and honestly and be confident in your own ability.

I sometimes think that one of the hard lessons learned when you lose a loved one is to never let an opportunity to say "I love you" pass you by! I'm reminding myself of that today, as my teenager is, well, acting like a teenager! So even though I'm totally frustrated with him at the moment, I'll still remind myself to tell him I love him when I hug him goodnight.

I hope you're all having a good day, filled with lots of hugs and "I love yous"!

3 Comments:

  • This is so true! I try to remember to kiss and hug my children before they leave the house, when they come home and before they go to bed I also tell them I love them. If they remember nothing else, I would want them to know they are loved unconditionally. Great post.

    By Blogger Lemon Stand, at 7:35 PM  

  • No matter how mad I am at them, or what kind of day we had, we ALWAYS end it with hugs and kisses and I love you's! I can't ever let the day go by without letting them know exactly how I feel about them. Most of the time I slip an "I'm proud of you" in there as well! That's something I never got growing up and always wished I had.

    By Blogger Chaos Mommy, at 12:19 PM  

  • It's been a tough week in our house - two sick, cranky kids that like to push buttons. I do make it a point to hug them and tell them how I feel. Yet it's always nice to be reminded. Thank you.

    By Blogger Sandy, at 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home