Jonathon's Closet

Thursday, April 24, 2008

About the art thing ...

There's a RECEPTION ... with the mayor and the governor and other local dignitaries. And the artists have to be there, and dress up, and be able to discuss their work with anyone who asks.

Great. If I'd have known that I had to dress up and make nice, I wouldn't have signed up - I've got a TON of other things to do with my time. It's not that it's not important - for people to learn about grief issues, that is. It IS important. I guess I'm just getting tired of teaching this lesson.

Tomorrow is my Mom's birthday. I haven't figured out what I'm going to do for that either. It sucks, it really does. She hasn't really had a birthday since my Dad died, I don't think. But it's not like I can do much about it.

Tomorrow my Mom will turn the same age that my Dad was when he died. What a weird thought. Sorta unsettling.

My birthday is Monday. I've been a real jerk lately, a total pain in the (butt). Yeah, I edited myself ... I'm already on restriction for "inappropriate language", so I figured I don't need her reading it here... Anyway, Monday is my birthday, and I doubt we're going to do anything special for that either. After all, I wouldn't want to do anything special for someone who's been a real jerk either.

It's not going to be a great couple of weeks.

~Jonathon

1 Comments:

  • My birthday has been hard since the time my grama and aunt were buried on the same date.

    It gets easier.

    I was the same age as my mate was when he died on a day last month. It's a hard thought, to be older than one who was older than me. I noticed it, too - that seems stranger to me.

    Just thought you'd like to know you aren't the only one who notices strange details....

    By Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward, at 8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home