Jonathon's Closet

Saturday, March 01, 2008

The bad and the good

Well, Mom's kind of vacant lately ... but if you read her latest post, you realize that. She's got this annoying habit too, of raising her right eyebrow at me when she's pissed off. Doesn't say anything, just raises her right eyebrow and looks at me as if I've lost my mind. Drives me nuts.

Our Science Olympiad team took first place at Regionals! Cool, eh? Personally, I took a first and a second place in my 2 events. If we can be one of the top 4 teams at States, we'll be going to Nationals ... in St. Louis! Really hoping we can pull this off - we've got friends in St. Louis, and I think the trip would do my Mom some good. If I can get her to take a couple of days off work and go, that is.

Changed Spanish teachers at semester break. Now I've got an A in Spanish - I was failing before! It's a huge difference - this teacher actually explains things, and I can understand her! So, I've got ALL A's again.

Anyhow, it's cold and nasty here. At least the sun is shining today. I'm really tired of the winter and looking forward to spring.

Jonathon

1 Comments:

  • Congrats on the Regionals win! That's a wonderful accomplishment! Best of luck at States. So happy for you that you really like your new Spanish teacher. You're right, a good teacher can make all the difference in the world!

    By Blogger snowflake, at 7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home