Jonathon's Closet

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Queen of the Big Time

A few nights ago, I read a book for one of the book clubs I belong to ... the book is titled "Queen of the Big Time".

It's a little sad in a few places, and uplifting in others. It was an easy read and I enjoyed it.

But there was one paragraph near the end of the book that is SO true ... it is SO accurate ... that it etched itself on my brain.

"I miss my husband more as the years go by, not less. It's a secret we widows share. I still pat his side of the bed expecting to find him there, and imagine what his kisses would feel like now. In memory they are so sweet, I can taste them."

1 Comments:

  • I read that book. I found it engaging in the beginning and middle, less so in the end. But it sounds like the author got some things very right.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home