Jonathon's Closet

Sunday, March 25, 2007

the journey

Most days pain ripples like the ebb and flow of the tide. Gentle waves washing ashore in an almost yet not quite predictable pattern. In and out. Back and forth. And time goes on.

Some days, the dark clouds begin to roll in. The waves begin to strengthen and build, the sky becomes dark, and the air becomes heavy and difficult to breathe. And on those days when I am blessed, light finds a tiny crack to squeeze thru and calm is restored.

But every once in a while the world becomes black, the sky sends lightening bolts toward the water, the waves reach a crescendo crashing violently against the sandy beach and the heavens rumble and roar in agony as the torrential downpour drives me to my knees.

Today, I am on my knees.

4 Comments:

  • I wish I had the words.

    Your words have put me on my knees as well.

    I will pray for you both that the darkness will leave you and that heavenly rays of light will shine upon you and warm and strengthen your soul.

    In his precious name,

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:47 PM  

  • I understand how much these storms bring. I too know that they come with no warning too.

    Hugs to you Kate xx

    By Blogger PinkCat, at 2:10 PM  

  • So sorry to hear you are having a rough time. Breathe in. Breathe out. Take one moment at a time. Sending good thoughts, wishes and prayers your way.

    By Blogger Lemon Stand, at 4:26 PM  

  • Thinking of you and hoping you find a warm shelter until the storm passes...and may it be soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home