Jonathon's Closet

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

(While traveling on business, she e-mails “The Man” … and shares the MUCH-censored version here with you today)

Approaching the beach, I feel the tension leave my body as if it were carried off by the gentle ocean breeze. The gentle crashing of the waves, the salty taste of the air; I am transported on the soft silkiness of the massive clouds to a place of peace. One of only two places I know I can go when I need to find myself, to renew myself. These places that let the troubles of the world slip away and return me to myself.


You have invaded this place that is so much for me, and I realize that this can only be because you have become such a force in my life, that you do for me what the sand and the sun and the surf of this place accomplish. You center me. You bring me passion and peace and pleasure. Waves of joy overcome me as I realize exactly how much you mean to me, how much more you are than I ever imagined. And I understand why I can’t escape thoughts of you, even in my refuge from the world. This place, this place that brings to me such peace, such contentment; I want to share it with you.

9 Comments:

  • You're a great writer.

    By Blogger OhTheJoys, at 6:16 AM  

  • I liked your blog so much better when it had more of a 'dark side'.
    This love story shit makes me sick, I come here to read about grief and loss and pain, not to gag on the vomit this garbarge creates

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:42 AM  

  • Too bad anonymous can't see that loss and grief can turn into love and joy again...keep posting about your joys in life along with your griefs!
    I think it is wonderful!!

    By Blogger Julie, at 11:23 AM  

  • How sad your life must be, "anonymous", that you delight in the pain of others.

    By Blogger Chaos Mommy, at 7:57 PM  

  • I like it. I've been reading your blog for awhile and I knew there was more than just grief when I saw the Halloween pics of your yard. That's a good thing.
    We are not one-dimensional characters. You can still feel grief and sadness and see a little light too.
    I'm glad you've shared this part of you on your blog.

    By Blogger L, at 9:04 PM  

  • I visit your blog often from Chaos Mommy's site, but I can tell you how wonderful it is to see that LIFE goes on. I mean I can't imagine going through what you have, and now to find "THE MAN" I am so happy for you.

    My mom told me if I don't have anything nice to say to not say anything at all...maybe that anonymous should live by that rule.

    It takes a lot to pour your heart and soul out into a blog daily, and NO ONE should ever be outright NASTY.

    So KATE...smile honey and keep going...you are a strong woman, with an AMAZING gift for writing. Good luck

    By Blogger navywife6, at 4:42 AM  

  • Another person who seems to think that that this blog is a film and they are at a screentest being asked to provide quality feedback so that it can rake in more money.

    As far as I can see, this blog is about real life... Kate and Jonah's real life that is, and not someone else's.

    If only the "dark side" was "invented" for readers' benefit, just to add a bit of adrenalin and to make a good story. How happy I imagine Kate and Jonah would be that it wasn't a real part of their lives.

    I feel sorry for the anonymous commenter who is either just vindictive, setting out to be mean and therefore can't enjoy life very much, or is very very bitter about something that means that a little overdue happiness makes them angry and vomit.

    Kate and Jonah, I often read your blog but haven't commented on it before. Thank you for your writing.

    By Blogger Rosepetal, at 6:14 AM  

  • Kate and Jona, I am SOOO happy for you all!

    By Blogger Lemon Stand, at 5:47 AM  

  • I would just like to add that there will always be those who's only apparent goal in life is to hurt others.

    Like Mom said..."Ignore what they say and pray for them, they are sad, lonely people with no love in their lives."

    By Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward, at 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home