Jonathon's Closet

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Back to School Shopping ... with my Mom!

I can’t wait for school to start! I love school! And I’m tired of being at home!

My Mom doesn’t really like to shop. My Dad LOVED to shop. Weird, huh? But that’s how it was. I like to shop too.

Back to school shopping with my Mom is interesting. My Mom can spot a bargain a mile away and doesn’t even need binoculars! Even though my Mom doesn’t really like to shop, I kind of think she likes the challenge of it. We always find good stuff at a good price, which is great because the back-to-school budget isn’t very big. I mean $100 sounds like a lot of money, but it’s really not if you consider the cost of things.

We always take a day or two, never shopping in a rush and usually driving to one of the big outlet malls. After all, the road trip is half the fun! My Mom lets me choose the music we listen to and we talk. We talk a lot. And she’s pretty cool about stopping for a frozen drink or some fries along the way.

We got all of my school supplies already – and spent just under $10 of our strict $100 budget. I don’t need a new backpack this year, so that definitely helped!

So far, we found:
1 pair of jeans, $8
1 pair of jeans, $ 6
1 pair of denim shorts, $7
1 pair of U of M shorts, $5
1 pair of blue/gold shorts, $3
2 white ribbed T’s, trimmed in blue (my favorite color) $1 ea.
2 tie-dyed T’s, $3 ea.
12 pair of socks, $6
4 pair of boxers, $10
AND
We found a replacement for my necklace that broke last year! Mom kept saying we’d find it and we did. Not only did we find it, we found it at half price! Necklace, $3

As you can see, I’ve still got more than $30 left! And I’ve got some of my own money too. So we’re heading out again this afternoon, to see if we can finish up!

4 Comments:

  • You're lucky to have such an awesome mom! :D
    When I was little I had to shop at Wal Mart for clothes and unlike now, it was NOT a good thing! LOL!!! Now, thank goodness, my kids love Wal Mart clothes and everyone here wears them.
    Good luck in school this year :D

    By Blogger Chaos Mommy, at 11:02 PM  

  • Jonathon - you are a fantastic writer! Keep it up.

    By Blogger Mom101, at 8:49 PM  

  • I like reading what you write, too. You did a great job shopping.

    By Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward, at 11:29 AM  

  • --$100 sounds like so much...

    Baby, you learn your mama's gift for bargain hunting and keep that frame of mind. I feed and clothe my family on a budget close to your mom's. My girls love clothes as much as anyone, but they have become really good at recognizing the difference between needs and wants, and at spotting a good value.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home