Jonathon's Closet

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Welcome!

Yesterday a reader mentioned that she hadn't previously posted a comment because she didn't want to intrude. While I greatly appreciate her thoughtfulness, I'd like to encourage anyone who stops by to please feel free to comment!

I discussed this with my son, who was totally thrilled earlier this week when he noticed that there have been 95 peeks at our profile. "95 Mom! Almost 100 people are out there with us!"
He and I share the same point of view-we enjoy having people out here "with us".

When we decided to begin blogging together we had several long conversations about what we wanted the focus of our blog to be, about what we wanted to accomplish. We mentioned things like:


  • sharing our journey through loss, trauma, and the grief process
  • providing a place where people in similar situations can go and realize that they are not alone
  • letting people who have no idea what it's like gain a little understanding
  • helping people to not be afraid to approach people who come from situations different than their own
  • sharing this new life that we've found together
  • letting people know that the journey never ends but it does get easier
  • "meeting" new friends

There's more (Jonathon's an excellent note-taker, he filled an entire legal pad with notes during these project-planning conversations!) but you get the picture.

Catherine, thank you so much for letting me know that you were here! Please know that you are not at all intruding.

Welcome Everyone! Welcome to our place of survival and healing! Com'on in and sit a spell. Poke around in the archives. We're glad you stopped by for a visit! Please come again!

5 Comments:

  • Oh how very nice of you! Thank you! I never know when I start reading a new blog whether comments will be welcomed or seen as an intrusion. Of course, I KNOW this is silly since you can't really intrude on something someone posts in a public forum...but still.

    I look forward to reading more.

    By Blogger Catherine, at 11:40 AM  

  • Hi Kate and Jonathon. I just wanted to say hi, let you know that I"ve just started reading your blog. I have you bookmarked, and I look forward to reading more of your story and your take on the world.
    Abigail

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:49 PM  

  • Don't worry Catherine, I feel the same about blogs. I'm a lurker, not a comment poster! LOL!!!
    But this blog is so well done! And I know that my good friend Kate loves to hear from everyone :D

    By Blogger Chaos Mommy, at 9:00 PM  

  • I like the shared blogging as you share the healing and the learning and the loving.

    Stay tight.

    By Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward, at 11:12 AM  

  • I found your blog this evening (I don't remember where I found the link, however!) and have been reading through the archives for the last hour. I, too, felt a bit like I was intruding until I read this post - what a wonderful, welcoming post!
    I am deeply sorry for your losses and I admit that I am clueless when it comes to such deep pain and loss. But I'm here, reading, feeling my heart ache along with you as well as soar when you two have good days. I'm admiring your strength and wondering what I would do if I lost my husband and daughter. I'm just basically rambling now, but I think you get the picture. I'm here with you.

    Oh, by the way, my name is Kierstin. It's nice to meet the two of you, and I hope to read a lot more about your journey as the days go on. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home