Jonathon's Closet

Monday, July 31, 2006

I heard it's good for the soul ...

Confession, that is. Good for the soul, right? So today I confess all my addictions.

My Television Addictions

FoodTV: I used to love to cook, which was good because my husband had a habit of calling me as he left the office for the day to tell me he was bringing dinner guests. I love Rachael Ray, Paula Deen, and Alton Brown.

The Learning Channel: Stacy and Clinton are just too funny on What Not to Wear, I like the ideas I see on Trading Spaces, and several other shows have merit too.

HGTV: I like Decorating Cents, Mission Organization, and occasionally Curb Appeal. Some of the other ones too, especially late at night when I can’t sleep!

Gilmore Girls and 7th Heaven. What can I say; I’m a sucker for a feel-good show every now and then.

Dog the Bounty Hunter. I don't know why.

My Food Addictions

Dark Chocolate. Without it, life is simply not worth living.

Ice. Ok, it’s not really a food, but the way my son describes it “Mom, you eat ice the way other people eat popcorn”. He’s right.

Coke. Most people have a coffee in the morning, I have a Coke. Hey, you get your caffeine your way and I’ll get my caffeine my way.

Potato Chips and Frosted Flakes. No, not at the same time! And I’m trying not to eat these things. Well, I’m trying not to eat them often.

Let’s see … do I have any other addictions?

My son says I’m addicted to my computer.

I am definitely addicted to my scrapbooking.

I have always been addicted to all that outdoorsy-type stuff.

Taking photos – I never go anywhere without a camera.

Ok, I think that’s it. Those are my addictions. And right now I’m sitting here at my computer typing while listening to Stacey and Clinton on What Not to Wear, sipping on Coke, crunching a potato chip and wishing I had some dark chocolate. Now I ask you – can I multi-task or what?

5 Comments:

  • I love Dog, too! I don't know what it is about him!

    By Blogger Chaos Mommy, at 4:18 PM  

  • I'm not sure I want to list my addictions! LOL!

    By Blogger Leni, at 5:09 PM  

  • right on! I am a huge gilmore fan. Along with the Foodnetwork (Alton, Paula, Rayray) - Curb Appeal and TLC! (and dark chocolate hee) :)

    By Blogger Ziz, at 1:51 PM  

  • Yea Alton Brown and Gilmore Girls - we never miss either at our house! The "behind the scenes" of Good Eats was great - we've still got it on our TiVo! And Alton is here in Atlanta (where we live) and that makes it all the more fun - hoping we run into him at the grocery store one day!

    By Blogger Melissa, at 11:31 AM  

  • Oh my gosh...I have met my long lost twin! I HAVE to have a coke first thing in the morning! In fact, the kids have one chilling on ice for me when I get up! AND I totally agree on the dark chocolate thing..I adore it! You and Jona will have to make a trip to Flushing come summer and swim in our pool, our kids are fish too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home