Jonathon's Closet

Monday, July 24, 2006

It's my turn today

I claim the blog today. I can't quite figure out why. I guess because I've been thinking alot in the last few days about becoming a good man. You know, learning how to make all the right choices and how hard it can be to do what's right. And how to know all those things a man is supposed to know.

The most influential person in my life is my mom. My mom is kind to evverybody. She loves me. She believes in forgiving people's mistakes. When I have a rough day, my mom understands. When I do something wrong, she's fair and listens to my side. If I need someone to talk to, she is there. My mom doesn't lie or cheat, she follows the law, and she cares about people (even people she's never met).

So you're thinking I've got it pretty good, right? And I guess I do ... except ... how can a MOM
help me figure out how to be a good man? I mean, the "guy stuff", not the general "people stuff".

Jonathon

3 Comments:

  • Hi Jonathan! You sound very smart! I think that a lot of being a man is instinct. You will learn a lot from your mom, but the rest will come to you. Look at the guys in school who act like jerks, and act just the opposite! You'll do fine!

    By Blogger Chaos Mommy, at 5:52 PM  

  • Sweetie, I think moms have been helping boys to become good men for centuries. I'm sure your mom can do it. But look around... do you have a male role model that you could become closer to? A mentor? Maybe that would help...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:19 AM  

  • Jonathon, I think the fact that you are this concerned at growing into a good man is a sure sign that you're already well on your way.

    It pains me to think what my own son (who is now 4) would go through if he lost his father. I know that is a void no child - no son - can ever fill. Yet I also know, being the daughter of a good man and the wife of a good man, that such a guy is quite simply respectful, hard working, compassionate and willing to admit that sometimes he does need a little help.

    It's ok to feel lost. It's ok to feel cheated. But do know that you are going to be ok. You'll do this. You already are.

    By Blogger Sandy, at 7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home