Jonathon's Closet

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Overdue Introductions

Jona realized that we hadn't introduced ourselves - so here goes!

25 Things About Me … by Kate

1. My name is Kathy Sue
2. My parents let my sister Sue give me my middle name.
3. She was 4 at the time.
4. My sister was ill when we were children.
5. My grandma took care of me.
6. She died in 1995.
7. I miss her very much.
8. I married my husband 8 months after we met.
9. He was a wonderful man.
10. He died of a massive heart attack at age 42.
11. I was just 32.
12. I got old real quick.
13. Our son looks nothing like his Dad in a photograph.
14. But he has his mannerisms, his walk, and his sense of humor.
15. Our daughter was born and died the morning of her Dad’s funeral.
16. I love all kinds of music.
17. I love to read.
18. I love to make lists.
19. I take tons of photographs.
20. I have a few close friends.
21. I am thankful for each of them.
22. I am an expert at penny-pinching.
23. I have to be.
24. This is not the life I signed up for.
But …
25. We’re working to make it better every day!


25 Things About Me … by Jona

1. My name is Jonathon Daniel.
2. I live with my Mom.
3. My dad died when I was 5.
4. I’m 13 now.
5. I still miss him every single day.
6. I like to play soccer.
7. I am on a great swim team.
8. I play drums in the school band.
9. I am a Boy Scout.
10. I love to read.
11. I always have a book with me.
12. I get in trouble for reading after lights out.
13. I have red hair and freckles.
14. I used to hate the freckles.
15. Girls like my freckles.
16. My mom is cool.
17. We do stuff together.
18. I love to visit lighthouses.
19. I’m going to be a cardiologist.
20. I really like school, especially math and science.
21. I want to go to U of M.
22. I really need to clean my room.
23. But I really don’t want to.
24. I am on the Science Olympiad team.
And
25. I collect postcards and pressed pennies.

1 Comments:

  • My blogger name is Valerie.
    I am over 50.
    I married my high school passion.
    It was my third marriage.
    We were happy together.
    Our kids are all grown and gone now.
    I ride a motorcycle.
    I have 2 dogs and 2 cats.
    I play guitar and sing country, blues and bluegrass.
    I am trying to fix up the house.
    I live alone now.
    He died this year when he slipped, fell and went into cardiac arrest.
    I miss him every day, too.
    I hope your boy becomes a cardiologist.
    I love my kids and my family.
    I am not really back on the planet yet from the shock of this loss.
    I like your blog.

    That's only 17 but now we are better accquainted.

    By Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward, at 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home