Jonathon's Closet

Monday, July 07, 2008

Gas costs what??? LOL!

You'd think that current gas prices would make me absolutely dread my 35 minute drive to and from campus every day. Only stands to reason, right? Well apparently I lack reason - I AM LOVING IT! No, not the cost of it of course - but the quiet time, the solitude, and well ... convertible + sunshine + music = recharging my batteries! Now that is my kind of math!

School's going well - a bit on the busy side and certainly frustrating at times, but all is well. I'm working out 4 days a week in the fitness facilities on campus, so hopefully I'll recoup some of my stamina soon ('cause ya know, it sure gets frustrating to feel like an old woman all the time!)

It's been so "in my face" lately - life as an only parent. Same old frustrations. Being the only parent on-deck simply wears thin at times. But we're hanging in ... and Jona seems to be recovering his sense of humor: my recent meds make my hair fall out and now that it's coming in again, it seems to no longer be blonde - oh boy, is THAT an understatement - ummm ... it's coming in sort of a salt&pepper gray, really quite dark. Jona's solution? To toss me a bottle of - get this - platinum blonde haircolor and suggest that I "do something - because not only do (you) look like a guy, it's kinda scary Mom!"

sigh

Such a sweet child.

2 Comments:

  • Hey, I miss you! Life has been crazy here, but I was dropping by to hear how school is going. I hope to catch up soon. WIth your schedule I never know when is a good time to call.... I really do miss you...

    By Blogger snowflake, at 4:21 AM  

  • Meds? Making hair fall out? I have been out of the loop a little too long, I fear. Hugs to you, my friend. Catch me up on recent events when you have the time and inclination.

    Been thinking of you a lot this week. Is it teddy bear season yet?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home