Jonathon's Closet

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Shhhhhh!

Ok, don't tell my Mom - she hasn't seen it yet - but guess what? I'm cleaning my room!

Yeah, I know ... I could hardly believe it myself. For weeks she's been telling me that she thinks my bad attitude is coming from the nasty environment that I've created for myself. So I started to pay attention to when I'm getting in trouble for acting up. And she might be right!

When we're out, I feel ok. We talk, we laugh, we joke, we do all the stuff we used to do. When we're at home, I feel nasty and grumpy. I bitch and I complain and I generally try to see if I can get her to explode. I guess I just want her to feel as nasty and grumpy and unhappy as I do.

So that sounds like it really might be environmental. And I've decided to change my environment.

Last night I started trying to clean up, and was grossed out by how dirty my room really is. Yeah, I know, she's been telling me. But I guess I just ignored her. Anyway, you can see half the floor now. And I have clean clothes to wear, I've been doing laundry.

Did you know that when we bought this house, my Mom gave me the Master Bedroom? Yep, it's the largest bedroom in the house, and the one with cross-ventilation too. I used to really like it. I guess I stopped liking it when I started letting it get out of control. But I'm liking it better today already!

My Mom says I'm a young man and that it's time to step up and act like one. Maybe this will help show her that I'm ready for that challenge. I hope so.

3 Comments:

  • When your done cleaning your room maybe you can come here and visit with Sam. Help explain a few things to him.

    You are one cool kid. Your Mom should be so proud of you.

    Take care xx

    By Blogger PinkCat, at 1:59 PM  

  • Good job on the cleaning! You really will feel better in a nice neat room! Hope it helps improve how you feel!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:29 PM  

  • When mom's start to get rough with you it's time for you to learn to trust they know something you don't.

    Life will be harder on you than any mom ever will.

    No landlord will let you stay if you don't take care of the space he leases you.

    If you don't have the money for the rent, they kick you out.

    If you are late for work too often you will be fired.

    If you can't pay the electric bill it will be shut off.

    If you break the law you will go to jail.

    A mom might bail you out, but she can't stop the processes of the law, they will punish you.

    If you get caught drinking and driving you won't have a car.

    So, yes, you will have conflict with your mom on and off as she tries to teach you these truths as gently as she can.

    But trust her love for you is trying to grow you into an independent man who can have a life of his own and knows how to care for himself, his things and others in need.

    You are already smarter than I was at your age. Keep learning with your heart.

    By Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward, at 7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home