Jonathon's Closet

Friday, January 05, 2007

Catching up

We're behind. My Mom and I have been busy and also she's kind of under the weather, so we're behind. So I figured I'd catch us up this morning.

School starts again on Monday. This is good, I've missed it. And swim practice will start up again too, which is good.

Christmas was ok, I guess. I got a new coat, a couple of T-shirts, and some new things for my room - all U of M stuff. John hung out for a while and we played Monopoly. I won.

New Year's was kind of weird. My Mom went to bed real early, she wasn't feeling well. She hasn't been feeling well all week. Doesn't look real good either. Kind of pale and just not right.
And always tired and always cold.

It's kind of weird weather too ... no snow. My Mom's kind of glad, because it makes lots of things easier - driving and no shoveling and lower heating bills. But no skiing either, so that stinks!

Tomorrow it will be 8 years since my Dad died. That sounds like a really long time, doesn't it? But it's not. Not really. I mean, think of 8 years as just a tiny segment of forever. It's not really much time at all.

I'll be blogging once a week. It's my New Year's resolution. My Mom'll have the blog the rest of the time. I haven't been writing much lately, mostly because I've been real busy. But I plan on being here once a week.

I think that's all that's happening right now. Other than I've got to go now, because if I don't have my room clean by the time my Mom gets home I think she's going to kill me!

~Jonathon

3 Comments:

  • I hope your mom feels better soon. Looking forward to your weekly posts.

    I will be thinking of you both tomorrow. I'm sure at times it feels like a long time and at other times it feels like yesterday.

    By Blogger Rosepetal, at 8:36 AM  

  • {{{{{Kate and Jona}}}}}

    Tell mom to rest and get better...maybe make her some tea or chicken soup? Give her hugs from us all and know that all the ClubMom mommies are keeping you both in our thoughts and prayers tomorrow and always.

    Lynn (abalsmom)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:18 PM  

  • Glad to see you back and looking forward to swimming.

    I know the day is difficult but you are doing a fine job growing up into a person your dad will be proud of.

    Hugs, Jona!

    By Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward, at 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home